Camping in the UK is massively on the rise with many families looking for a good value alternative to expensive flights and enjoying everything that the UK has to offer.
If you are going camping with the family, it’s essential that you have a good quality tent to stay in. You need something that will keep you dry, warm and safe. You need a family tent.
With so many tents to choose from it can be difficult to choose the right tent for your needs, which is why we've put together a list of some of the best family tents on the market for 2021.
BEST FAMILY TENTS 2021:
- Vango Avington II 600xl
- Vango Rome Air 650xl
- Outwell Sundale 7PA
- Dometic Ascension FTX 601
- Vango Juro Air 600xl
- Lichfield Eagle Air 6
- Vango Stanford II 850xl
VANGO AVINGTON II 600XL
The Vango Avington II 600xl is the perfect tent for family getaways. It’s roll-away bedroom doors and removable curtain dividers allow you to tailor the inner tent space to suit your family or group, while Vango’s darkened ‘midnight’ bedroom fabric will give you a peaceful night’s sleep without waking up when the sun comes up.
The Vango Avington II 600xl was our bestselling tent of 2020 and we think it will be a massive hit again due to it ticking all the boxes for a great family tent. If you are looking for a simple, well thought out, great value family tent this summer, then you can't go wrong with the Vango Avington 600xl.
- Easy to erect
- Darkened 'midnight' bedrooms
- Large living area
- Integrated front canopy
VANGO ROME AIR 650XL
- Midnight Bedrooms
- Built-in Front Awning
- Inflatable AirBeam® Structure
- King Deluxe Bedrooms
OUTWELL SUNDALE 7PA
A roomy seven person tent from Outwell, the Sundale 7PA is perfect for luxurious camping getaways with the family.
The Outwell Sundale 7PA has a large living area and a fantastic front awning for socialising in or for use as a kitchen area. Packed with Outwell's features including their HookTrack System, zipped dividers in the bedrooms and a rain safe canopy side door. The Sundale 7pa uses Outwell’s Rigid Air System for easy pitching and great stability, you can erect this tent in around 12 minutes.
- Three-Zone Design with a large integrated awning, ideal for storage, cooking or socialising.
- Quick and Quiet Doors - with magnetic design giving you quieter tent doors, to lessen the sound of the zips opening and closing.
- Tinted windows & darkened bedrooms, with zip dividers.
- Multi-point Rigid Air Tube System frame
- NEW Rear Mesh Design for additional airflow into the sleeping compartment on warm nights.
DOMETIC ASCENSION FTX 601
- Multi point inflation - Durable AirPoles are inflated individually for the simplest set-up and take-down
- Rear storage area - Store luggage with ease using the generous rear storage area, accessed through the inner tent bedrooms
- Zip out porch area - Zip-out the 3-position front porch door for a seamless transition from outside to inside
- Sleep-tite bedrooms - Inner tents use dark materials to block out early morning sunlight
VANGO JURO AIR 600XL
The new Vango Joro Air 600XL is a 6-man inflatable AirBeam tent within Vango’s Earth Collection. The new collection launches their Sentinel Eco Fabric that is made from recycled single use plastic. This fantastic family tent features Pre-Angled beams for more head height and internal space, this allows you to use the space right up against the tent walls. A great feature of the Juro 600xl has a pre-attached front awning that can be used as a seating area in the evenings when the kids have gone to bed.
- Vango AirBeam - Quick to pitch and creates a strong and rigid structure
- Mesh Doors - Both living room doors have integrated mesh panels
- Queen Bedrooms - 60cm sleeping area per person
- Villa Construction - Upright side walls increase the height within the tent
LICHFIELD EAGLE AIR 6
Enjoy a camping break with family or friends with this comfortable and spacious inflatable tent that pitches quickly and easily thank to it utilising Vango’s AirBeam technology.
The Lichfield Eagle Air 6 is an inflatable six-person tent with a high quality 150 denier canvas. It is spacious and versatile for large families and groups with lots of camping gear.
The darkened ‘midnight’ bedroom fabric allows you to sleep in for longer, which comes in especially handy on summer camping trips.
The spacious front awning which has a zipped front door is perfect for storing kit and muddy shoes etc to keep your living space tidy.
This tent comes as a package, so the carpet and footprint groundsheet come with it making fantastic value for money compared
- Uses Vango's AirBeam Technology
- Easy to erect
- 150 denier canvas
- Large living area
VANGO STANFORD II 850XL
The Stanford 850xl is an 8-person tunnel tent that is practical and spacious making it ideal for family camping holidays.
The Stanford 850xl has a proven tent design that has been around for many years, it is easy to pitch and resilient to the weather. Its versatile design means it is great for up to 8 campers. Alternatively, a smaller group of people with lots of camping gear could use a bedroom as zipped away storage to keep the tent clutter free. The Vis-a-Vis layout has bedrooms to either side of the central living end giving some privacy, Adults one end the kids the other. Now featuring Vango’s ‘Midnight’ bedrooms providing a darkened sleeping environment.
- Bedrooms either side of living area for privacy
- Quick and easy to erect with colour coded poles
- Darkened 'Midnight' bedrooms
- Vango TBS II System gives extra rigidity to the tent during inclement weather.