The massively popular Kela V Low inflatable drive away awning is the best selling awning in Vango's freestanding awning collection and has been stylishly designed to compliment your campervan or motorhome.
It comes with features such as bracer beams and storm straps and has been made using Vango's high quality double ripstop Sentinel Pro material to ensure the Kela V Low keeps its status as one of the best driveaway awnings available.
The connecting tunnel between the awning and vehicle features side doors on both sides which creates a perfect storage area and also a great place to take off muddy shoes meaning the awning and your motorhome can stay clean and dry.
The Kela V Low features Vango's patented Tension Band System which prevents lateral movement of the awning in windy weather conditions but can be tucked away into its own storage pockets in normal conditions.
The Vango AirAway Kela V Low Driveaway Awning is an inflatable awning that is designed to fit vehicles between 1.8 and 2.10m in height, making it perfect for Volkswagon T4's and T5's. The Vango AirAway no pole structure will appeal to anyone going on a touring holiday or a short break away. Using robust inflatable beams in the pace of poles Vango driveaway awnings can be attached and erected easily. This high-quality awning can be full pitched in under 10 minutes.
This awning only has 2 inflatable beams each of which takes under 2 minutes to inflate. Each AirBeam model has been tested in wind speeds of 75mph so you can be assured that they will stand up to even the most adverse weather conditions.
Pre-attached kador (most popular)
The canvas flysheet is made from high-quality Sentinel Pro fabric making it very robust and durable. It also has a hydrostatic head of 6000mm and fully taped seams, so you will be perfectly waterproof whatever the weather.
The living area on the AirAway Kela V Low measures 3.1 x 2.1m. It has a fully sewn-in waterproof polyester groundsheet that helps with insulation and has two doors (front and side) which each have a secondary mesh door that can be used to cool the awning down in hot weather and still keep the insects out.
The area between the living area and vehicle now has a door on each side so if you have wet shoes you don’t have to go through the living area and get it dirty to get to the vehicle.
- When you have chosen your spot and parked your vehicle, lay the awning out in position alongside.
- It’s best to attach the awning before inflating. Once you have attached the awning, using one of the options mentioned above, peg the back two corners at the base of the vehicle and pull the awning out, so that the sides are at right angles to your motorhome, then peg out the front two corners.
- You are now ready to inflate your awning. Using the pump provided, inflate the beams starting with the beam closest to the vehicle and work your way forward. Screw the valve into the AirBeam and inflate to 7 PSI, once the beam is fully inflated screw the cap on firmly.
- Once the AirAway Awning is fully erect, check that the groundsheet and flysheet are evenly tensioned, if not, simply re-peg to correct it. Then peg out the remaining pegging points and guylines, making sure that you don’t over tighten.
- The AirAway is supplied with a bracer beam to increase tension in the roof. These have Velcro tabs at each end and can be attached to the main beams. There is a slight curve in the bracer and it should be attached so that this curve is facing upwards into the roof.
- Finally, add your inner tent if required.
- The whole pitching process shouldn't take more than 10 minutes.
Features of the Vango Air Away Kela V Low:
- Vango AirBeam® Technology
- Airspeed® valve and position
- Sentinel Pro 420D/106g/m² 6000mm polyester
- New ColourLok™ Technology
- UPF 50+
- TBS® II - Tension Band System
- Sewn-in Oxford Polyester groundsheet
- Fully taped seams
- Skylight windows
- SkyTrack II® System
- Large diamond clear PVC windows with zipped privacy curtains
- Mesh doors (Front & Side)
- Low-level vents
- 248cm Side attachment
- x2 Connecting doors in the tunnel
- Pre-attached 6mm Kador strip
- Cable entry points with tidies
- Low height for vehicles between 1.80 & 2.10 meters
- Rear porch rolls away when not in use
- Storm straps
- High visibility guylines
- Supplied with a double action hand pump
- Supplied with steel pegs and mallet
- Oversized carry bag
- Inner (Optional)
- Weight: 18.3kg
- Awning Size: Low
- Packsize: L78.0 x H32.0 x W34.0cm
- Kador Adjustable Height: 180-210cm
- Kador Length: 248cm
- Weight without Accessories: 12.7kg
- Pitching Time: 8 mins